Monday, September 21, 2009

Did I really just do that?


As you may know, I have had quite the enlightening experience living here in Kingman! Most of the time things happen that make me laugh till I cry, once in a while I've simply cried, well this last weekend--I coughed! Cough you say? That's right people-our little family went to a drag race! We saw the downtown streets all blocked off and were curious enough about all the old cars that we headed on in for a look. Turns out Kingman hosts an annual drag race, tire burn-out competition and massive car show. I sat in those bleachers watching muscle cars burn rubber on the road in front of us pondering the conundrum that is "wife-beater" tank tops, daisy dukes, mullets and cold beverages. I would panic slightly and wonder if you take the girl out of Kingman, will you ever be able to take Kingman out of the girl? Much to my surprise--and chagrin--I actually enjoyed myself. The custom built cars that they raced were pretty impressive and the boys (all three of them:) loved every minute. Scott kept me happy with snow cones and kettle corn! All in all it was a fun afternoon--don't worry I won't be headed to see anything Nascar related and I do still have a full head of teeth! but I enjoyed the old cars a lot (made me feel like I was the star in CARS sitting in my own little Radiator Springs city. I did find myself wanting to go home and listen to some opera just in case I needed to balance out the "culture" levels in my life :) As always, Kingman continues to ewww and ahhh me--in good ways--but if any of you send me tickets to La Boheme I won't argue with that either!

1 comment:

Andrus Family said...

Nat, you have a way with words and I love it! I would have had the same feelings as you if I had been there. Glad you all enjoyed yourselves! Thanks for the birthday wishes yesterday. I would have moved back to Vegas just for your chocolate treat!