Thursday, September 17, 2009

Welcome Fall!


"You can travel fifty thousand miles in America without once tasting a piece of good bread." Henry Miller

I once shared your perspective Henry. There was a three month period in my life where I lived to walk the streets of Ecuador with fresh, warm bread in one hand, fresh fruit in another, and the thought in my head "how can I go back to the States and leave this culinary perfection behind?" And yet, home I went and a baker I became! Oh Henry, to have lived so long but not long enough to try this moist, spice-filled bit of heaven! Close your eyes, open your mouth, taste the nutmeg, cinnamon, clove--usher in the fall season. It is almost impossible to imagine eating this delectable, savory pumpkin manna without a fireplace, sweater, good book and some rich, creamy hot cocoa--falling leaves outside the front window would simply be a bonus.

Food is life, it is love, I am inadequate at describing it and without it I would be empty. Welcome fall, welcome crisp mornings and evenings filled with pumpkin bread!

*I started an all-things-food-related blog--I post recipes, tips, projects etc on there if anyone is interested :) Just visit An Edible Life!

2 comments:

Tyler V said...

WHERE'S THE RECIPE!!! I WANT THAT BREAD HEAVEN!
Seriously, you can't do a post like that without including a recipe.

Diana Hulme said...

I know, I was wanting the recipe too! :) Sounds so yummy!