Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ryan is 2!



Yesterday Ryan turned two. It is fun celebrating milestones with your children. I think I tend to get more excited than they do--at least at this age. The day was spent at the park for play group, shopping the "case lot sale" at Smiths, decorating cupcakes, opening presents, cleaning up from cupcakes and reading stories (thanks to the GREAT gifts from Grandma Judy!)


And now, a moment for the traditional birthday blog reminiscing....

Ryan was born at 7:19 pm in Las Vegas. I was only in labor for about 8 hours (I say only because it was 26 with Jason--blah!) My water broke just as we were walking out the door to head to the hospital--some say it is just a little trickle, but not me. We're talking Niagara Falls bursting! Then after a few short hours, he was here. Even while pregnant I could tell he was going to be very different from his brother--always calm, not a ton of movement--as opposed to Jason who was nuts--when I would go for ultrasounds they always asked if I had been shooting up caffeine! Ryan is my snuggler--he is often content to just sit on my lap, read stories, give his stuffed animals hugs etc. But he turns on a dime and can be the most adventurous, rambunctious, "no-fear", STUBBORN child I have ever crossed paths with. We love Ryan and the "diversity" he brings to our family :) Glad he is here!

No comments: