Tuesday, February 16, 2010

White Chocolate & Raspberries!


I was asked to make a cake for a friend's daughter's birthday. They didn't have many requests or ideas for it except that she likes "funfetti" cakes--too funny since she was turning 21--and that they wanted it to have "white" frosting and raspberry filling. Sooo I decided to make a white chocolate cream cheese frosting with the top layer being her "funfetti" request. The bottom layer--surrounded by the pirouette cookie sticks--is a simple butter vanilla bean cake. Both have layers of a raspberry cream cheese filling in between. Outside, on top of the frosting are white chocolate curls and tons of fresh raspberries. The cake was only supposed to serve about 8 people, but they wanted it to be 2 layers. When I showed up with this I simply told them I don't know how to bake "small"! I think they enjoyed themselves! I'll post the recipes a bit later if you want them!

6 comments:

Diana Hulme said...

oh my gosh, you're amazing. sheesh. this one is gorgeous!!! i want you nearby to make me cakes.

Mari said...

Definately post the recipe! Looks yummy!

Katie said...

um, yes please on the recipe!!! you're my baking inspiration. =)

Rupp Family said...

Ok I think this is the first time I have seen your blog and I absouloutly loved it! You are amazing at cakes! And I loved all of your stories and how detailed you are. I couldn't stop laughing after the whole "puking" story. I actually wasn't sure if you guys moved or not because its been so long since we have seen you. But I can understand being in the first trimester. Hopefully we get to see you soon.

Jamiecrafts said...

Mmm that looks tasty! nice job :)

Jessica said...

Yes, please do the recipes, looks so good and beautiful! Nice work!