Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Chocolate Frosting

I am in a generous mood and thought I should share a little piece of heaven with the known blogging world. Here is the recipe for my FAVORITE chocolate frosting of all time. Wash your hands because you are gonna want to stick your fingers in the bowl for a taste!

1 pkg cream cheese (8oz)
1/3 c butter, softened
1/2 c cocoa
3 c pwd sugar
4 oz melted chocolate (I prefer semi sweet or unsweetened for that rich chocolate color--the type of flavor is up to you)
whipping cream

Mix butter & cream cheese well. Add cocoa and melted chocolate. Slowly add powdered sugar until smooth. Add a tbs or two of whipping cream if frosting becomes too thick for your use. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Thanks! I struggle with frosting recipes. I always end up resorting to the bought stuff because mine is not good. Thanks.

Leslie said...

Okay, any icing that includes cream cheese is amazing in my book! Can't wait to try it - thanks for sharing!