Thursday, October 8, 2009

YOU BLOCKHEAD!


Today was a milestone. Today I became my parents! Today I bought my children a movie that I grew up with, hoping they would love it as much as me. I felt like a cheap salesman, talking Jason into picking Charlie Brown and The Great Pumpkin instead of some pixar film he wanted. But, just like my parents, today was a victory. HE LOVES IT! We have been listening to the Peanuts theme song nonstop for almost 24 hours, the kid is obsessed and that makes me so very happy! I want my kids to grow up with the old Disney's and other cartoons that I had. There is something classic and nostalgic about them. And so today, The Great Pumpkin is alive and well. In the words of my favorite little Peanut, Happy Halloween You BlockHead!

3 comments:

Morgan said...

Wow! I haven't watched that movie since I was little!!!

DT Stevens said...

Hey Tidwells. We just talked to my father in law and heard that you said hi so I thought I'd look you up on blog and we found you! How are you guys doing? So you're in Kingman now? We're in Seattle! Here's our blog. http://dtstevensnewsletter.blogspot.com/

J & D Clare said...

Lucy!! You cannot mention the Great Pumpkin and not mention Lucy and Snoopy! Duuuude :)