Monday, October 27, 2008

The "bee" way of life...

Jason has recently become obsessed with the Jerry Seinfeld "Bee Movie" and I find ourselves becoming more and more "busy as bees". Scott's parents came for a visit about 2 weeks ago. It was a quick trip but we always love seeing family. The kids loved having Grammy Jean and Big Pappa come to play. Jason got horsey rides all over the living room and Ryan got more kisses and snuggles than I've seen in a long time (except for just one week prior when my parents were in town--spoiled rotten my kids are!)


We also got to take them with us to the annual ward chili cook off. There were no prizes for chili this year but I did make a fun dessert.


After they left I kicked into high-catering-gear and wrapped up a huge wedding reception on Saturday. It was a crepe bar for 200 people and when I woke up Sunday morning every muscle and joint ached in a way they have never ached before (except when I was pregnant which of course has been twice in the last 3 years-ha ha!)
The bride's colors were brown, green, and blue--sounds interesting but turned out really cute!



When all was said and done, it turned out fabulously, the bride and family were very happy with everything, which makes us very happy with everything. I'm just glad that this business adventure of mine is a fun choice and not shear necessity. When I was done I got to come home to a clean house, bathed and sleeping boys and a great husband who was excited to hear all about everything. I got to sit on the sofa and eat a huge piece of chocolate wedding cake and get my feet rubbed. Not every woman is so lucky. I admire single and working mothers who do full time jobs and then come home to work their tails off there as well. You can't give 100% to every facet of your life. You only have a total of 100% and have to divide it amongst the things that matter most. Hopefully your kids and spouse never suffer because of personal ambition but can be blessed by having a woman in their lives that has learned to balance her time for her, for them, for church, for talents, for exercise, and on and on (easy right?)

When the boys woke up Sunday morning, Jason gave me a big hug and said "mom, you're back!" And there was a twinge of guilt for having been away from him all day and lots of pleasure that he missed me that much. I'm very blessed to get to stay home with my kids and frankly their lives are better for it! I wouldn't have it any other way (except for a live in maid and a person who specifically cleans up the kitchen after I have all the fun of cooking and messing it up!) Oh the dream!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What fun! Your life sounds busy, but full. Togetherness definitely makes you feel more complete. Good job on the wedding - it looked nice. If only I lived there and could throw in my photography - ha! We love you guys lots!!

Andrus Family said...

That is so great that your business is taking off! I'm sure you always do a great job, and your cake you made for the ward party looks fantastic!