Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I Couldn't Be More Proud

While hitting up the Bath & Bodyworks semi-annual sale yesterday :-) and using Jason as my giant bag carrier while I pushed the other two creatures in the massive double stroller, Jason struck up a conversation with another poor male soul who got roped into being a bag holder for his own mother.  The conversation went like this: 
Jason: I got to see Kungfu Panda 2
Other Boy: Well I'm going to see Mr. Popper's Penguins
Jason: Ohhh that's so cool
O.B.: I'm 6 years old
Jason: I'm five
O.B.: I have a swimming pool at my house
Jason: I wish I had a swimming pool at my house
O.B.: I have a four wheeler I can drive on the road
Jason: Wow, I just have a bike.  But it's new, I got it for my birthday.
O.B.: I just got a BRAND NEW XBOX
Jason: Well I have my very own LIBRARY CARD!
O.B.: No way, my mom says I'm too little, AWESOME!

I could have jumped up and down and done the Rocky Balboa cheer---hands above my head and everything--right there in the middle of the store.  We had just finished at the library (ALWAYS a stressfull time trying to use our "inside" voices) and stopped by B&BW on the way home.  Nice to know something is working!  Chalk one up for momma, the library, and a house full of reading time not video time! 
Mom: 1
Mushy-Video-Game-Little-Boy-Brain: 0

3 comments:

Tams Family said...

Way to go! We love reading time around here too. There's nothing better than a trip to the library.

David and Summer Jenkins said...

This is a great story Natalie! Go Jason...and you! Can't wait to see you guys at the reunion.

Meg said...

I attend a small engineering school in New Mexico. The population of the school is split about 60/40. 60 percent of the students are absolute social wierdos who do nothing but sit in their dorms and play video games because that's all they did growing up. The other 40 are socially acceptable because they played outside with other kids and did things, like reading, that actually stimulated them. Way to go with not raising social wierdos.