Tuesday, April 6, 2010

We Made It!

One of Scott's coworkers asked me today, "so are you all moved in?" It took me a bit but finally I responded, "the boxes are in, they just aren't unpacked yet!" After haggling with utilities companies, finding out the dryer was completely broken and hanging our wet clothes in front of the fireplace, realizing we have NO cell phone service in our house and having to sign up for a home phone, trying to lock the front door only to discover that the house key provided by the property management company didn't fit (among many other things) we just wanted to say, we are here & we are alive. By the way, we get text messages but the cells don't ring when they should and messages often show up hours after they are left so if you want our home number, text or email--those 2 technologies are atleast still reliable!

After all the craziness dies down, I find I'm grateful for little things---like Jason who willingly runs up the stairs to get what I need so I don't have to waddle my way up there or Ryan who is sleeping through the night better (thanks to Scott's "tough" love methods) as well as a 1 hour nap each day (oh how I love "quiet" time). I'm thankful for a nice calm neighborhood and backyard that will soon have growing grass! I love that there are decent Chinese restaurants that DELIVER! But most importantly, I LOVE my icemaker--that's right folks, we finally have a fridge with water despenser/icemaker that chops my icecubes into tiny little chunks for me to chew on AS OFTEN AS I WANT. No more trips to Sonic just for a cup of ice, it is right at my fingertips! Anyway, life is good, we are adjusting and miss you all mucho--Tidwells

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm still trying to figure out where you are....gotta love all the "moving issues"...got my anxiety levels up just so you know. You seriously have to give yourself a few months to get thru "the list".

Lesley said...

Welcome back! Once you get settled we will have to get together!