Thursday, August 13, 2009

Go by Boat, by Plane, by Car...

The last few weeks have been busy ones. First we headed to Utah making a quick stop to visit Scott's sister Wendy and her fam. They just bought an amazing house up in the hills east of Provo--amazing views of the valley! Then we drove north and hit up the Salt Lake County Fair. The boys loved the rides, I loved the food (you know me!) and Ryan did some serious bonding with the 4H sheep (lots of slobbery kisses :) After the fair, on to the Ahlstrom family reunion. Some of you may know that I have a rather LARGE family on my mother's side--large meaning mom had 10 kids in her family. Those 10 kids had 60 grand kids and about 2/3 of them are now married with over 80 great grand kids. Sooo needless to say we always have 100+ people at these things and it is always fantastic. You would think it would be hard to keep in touch and truly get to know everyone in a family that large but each time we get together it feels like time hasn't passed at all. Sure there are a few more kids or new people who have gotten married but we are a tight-knit family who LOVES spending time together. This year we all stayed at the same hotel, had swim parties, went to a water park, mini-golfed, did mass dinners together, had a major dance party--all around a ton of fun.

After that, my brother Bryan--who just got back from his mission in Houston, came back to hang out in good ole' Kingman for a few days. We took him to the beach in Havasu, ate some great food, had some serious movie marathons, and even dragged him to play group Wednesday morning. He was a good sport--he brought along his golf clubs and a few balls and taught the kids "proper" technique. The moms all thought he should come more often--we loved the free entertainment! You can visit anytime brother.

It is great spending time with family--sometimes it is a pretty big sacrifice of time and money but each time we get together it is completely worth it. Love you all, you can visit us anytime!




3 comments:

Margaret Tueller said...

What a handsome family! Just had to comment!

Megan said...

Looks like so much fun. I came to an Ahlstrom reunion once...and I was completely overwhelmed! :) Tell Lis hi for me the next time you talk to her!

Mari said...

I loved seeing how much your siblings have grown since I last saw them. Also, I love reading your blog! SOmeday I am expecting to read a book written by you. Your blog is so whitty and funny. Someday I hope to make it out your way! I would love to meet your little boys, plus it would be a boy party!