Thursday, February 5, 2009

Little Reminders...

Just when I find myself in the mood to leave my pjs on all day, eat cookie dough straight from the bowl, chase it down with thick, calorie-loaded chocolate milk, and never take my kids in public again, I receive a great little reminder of why I should reconsider my initial instincts. Thanks Melody for the timely post--you are always so inspiring.

"I have a testimony gained from pondering and studying the scriptures of a plan of happiness given to us by our Father in Heaven. That plan has a part for His daughters. We have the female half to take care of, and if we don't do our part, no one else is going to do it for us. The half of our Father's plan that creates life, that nurtures souls, that promotes growth, that influences everything else was given to us. We can't delegate it. We can't pass it off to anyone. It's ours. We can refuse it, we can deny it, but it's still our part, and we're accountable for it. There will come a day when we will all remember what we knew before we were born. We will remember that we fought in a great conflict for this privilege. How do we meet this responsibility? We daily put our energies into the work that is uniquely ours to do." Julie B. Beck

Now if that doesn't make me feel guilty for slacking as a mommy, what will? And if it doesn't motivate me to have my every action benefit the eternal development of these unique, gifted souls with whom I have been blessed to spend lifetimes, nothing ever will! We are never "just" house wives, "just" moms, "just" women. We have divine potential to positively affect the eternities. God bless all you wonderful women in my life who inspire me to both personally and through my children, be more creative, spiritual, loving, patient, adventurous and just plain old survive! You'll never know how much I need you and learn from you. XOXO

2 comments:

Eric and Angela said...

Oh man Natalie, I was ready to just hang out on the couch all day too. Ice cream sounds really good.

Jenkins Family said...

Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
I'm sure glad,
I'm the mother of YOU!