Monday, December 1, 2008

Gobble Gobble

Turkey Day was pretty basic around here this year--as basic as TIDWELL'S do Thanksgiving! Thursday we got together with a couple other families in our ward who have younger kids and had dinner with them. I made sugar rolls, pies and green been casserole. The feast was fantastic--so great in fact that when we all went to go home that afternoon, instead of splitting up the leftovers and heading our separate ways for the weekend, we were all invited back on Friday for "left-over" Thanksgiving dinner. The kids loved it and so did Scott--getting a four day weekend and time to play with his friends too was a real treat. We did lots of lounging, decorating for Christmas, Scott took Jason to see a movie Saturday night, and on Sunday we cooked our own turkey and had a feast all over again! I know, I know, you think I'm crazy but when you do joint dinner with friends, you don't have left overs of your own and turkey sandwiches for a week after Thanksgiving are almost important as the actual meal. So now I have a 17lb cooked turkey in my fridge and am trying to figure out what to do with it. Next step, Christmas!

Ryan...


Pies pies and more pies


Jason & Dad


Scott and his boys playing Halo (an old college fav!)

2 comments:

Tyler V said...

You are a girl after my own heart! I was in the hospital so couldn't make thanksgiving dinner...but the turkey is in the freezer, awaiting a glorious feast of its own!
Sooo Fun! Happy holiday!

Eddie and Amber said...

Hi Natalie,
Yes, I remember you from the BYU ward. We are still in it but planning on moving in April when Eddie graduates. Funny thing about the game, I saw your husband and was like we know him from somewhere but we couldn't put a finger on it. So, now I know! Two boys now...fun! The ward isn't the same, pretty much everyone has moved out and moved on. Nice to see what your up to. Take care.