Thursday, November 20, 2008

"Do as I'm Doing"...and other adventures

When my father was very little (less than 4 the story goes) his mother-my Grandma-got a phone call from the neighbor who says "do you know where your son is?" Turns out Grandma thought he was just in the backyard playing when in reality he managed to shimmy his little behind up onto the roof and was running back and forth like the squirrels! So needless to say, when I walked out of the bathroom--and no I wasn't in there for 20 minutes, we're talking 45 seconds tops--and saw my little Ryan standing proudly on top of my piano I thought of my father and all of his stories and think I'm in for a long ride! (dad also lit the neighbors bushes on fire once, hopefully Ryan won't be doing anything to remind me of that).


On another note, one of Scott's projects wrapped up last week--a city park called Old Spanish Trails. It actually has great historical significance being a spot where the Morman Handcart Companies once walked. On Saturday they had a little press conference, a few speakers from the historical society and city officials and then fed everyone hotdogs and hamburgers while the kids played. Jason, being the self-aware poser that he is, managed to get his picture taken and published in the Review Journal article about the park. It is fun to drive around the city and see places that Scott's company built and know that he had a part in something that will hopefully be around for a long time and help make people's lives better. I'm proud of him. Now if the economy would just pick up so they could land a few more jobs and keep building things, well, that would be nice too! More to come in a few days...happy weekending!



They kept this rode unpaved since it was one of the Pioneer trails...



Jason's Paper Picture...

4 comments:

Diana Hulme said...

...and now your dad is so nice & calm and you'd never guess he had lit bushes on fire & run on top of the roof! There's hope! :)

Your boys are so cute - they are the perfect mix of you & Scott.

Unknown said...

How fun! Did you tell your dad he seems to have a follower? Keep an eye on that cutie!

Tams Family said...

Hey Tidwells! Saw your blog on Vigue's list. You have a cute family. Sounds like you are keeping busy. You have cute little boys! We have three now. You can check us out at thetamsfam.blogspot.com.

Take care!
Kevin and Amy Tams

Christina said...

Hi Tidwell family,
It's so great to hear from you. Your little boys are so cute. I'm glad to see things are going well for you guys. That's so exciting that you started your own catering business, that's one of my dreams. Good luck with your business.

Christina