Monday, July 7, 2008

Jenkins Reunion 2008


We just got back from our family reunion at Bear Lake. We rented a couple cabins and stayed there for a few days over 4th of July weekend. It was great to spend time with family, especially those that we don't get to see that often! Every single member of our family was there--except those serving missions and my brother who's in Bolivia for the summer. It was great having little kids running all over the place and seeing my cousin's brand new baby girl. Jason & Ryan couldn't have been happier.
The minute we pulled in Thursday night Jas jumped out of the car and wrapped his arms around "cotty"--Scotty--and pretty much was his shadow the whole weekend. Scotty and Aunt Mimi "missy" were fabulous. I've never had so much free time in my life. On each day we would eat meals together, have a family devotional, and great activities. Friday some went and hiked caves in the area, went to the park with our kids, took much needed naps, watched fireworks from the decks on our cabins overlooking Bear Lake and then did what we do best play cards and eat peanuts & m&ms! Saturday we woke up and headed to the park for our version of the Olympic Games--three legged races, who can eat saltine crackers fastest, crab walk races etc. There were Gold, Silver, & Bronze medals as well as the one I received for last place that said "you are special"! I felt special. Later the guys went golfing and the ladies had a baby shower for 2 of my cousins and afterward we all headed down for an afternoon on the beach.

Jason is totally a pappa's boy. My dad is deffinately one of his favorite people! Each morning when Jas would wake up he would look for three people, pappa, cotty and mimi! Kids have a way of making you feel sooo special!




This is my dad and Ryan on the deck of our cabin Friday night. We had the best view of the lake. And can I say, the weather there was amazing--low 90's during the day and high 40's at night. We were in heaven. Winding our way down from Logan to Bear Lake was awesome, seeing the trees, rivers, green fields etc--we've missed seeing that kind of landscape!



This is Aunt Mimi and Ryan on the beach

And our little family at the lake.
Ryan and Jason couldn't get enough of crawling, digging, even eating the sand.


Jason was content sitting in the little waterpools on the beach where the water warmed during the day. He played with his shovel and pale for hours.

It was hard saying goodbye Sunday morning but we are already planning our next reunion and can't wait to see each other again. I love being around my family, especially when we have the opportunity to have reunions. It reminds me that no matter where I live, how much money we earn, whether we drive brand new cars or our kids go to the best schools, my family is what matters most of all!

5 comments:

Tina Upson said...

It looks like you guys had such a great time!! I love that you are the only one with kids, you can imagine 5 little girls under the age of four, I don't even want to imagine the next reunion the Luna's try to pull!!! I am sorry but Ryan is really cute, I think that I might be sensing some Upson girls available..........Wait, all our gkids would be redheads for sure!! We can discuss this later!!

KiraD said...

Nat~
Go to this website http://leeloublogs.blogspot.com/
this has all the cute blog layouts you could ever want. Just make sure you use the ones posted after Feb of this year.

Megan said...

Hey Nat, Megan (Williams) Fly here--I found you through Wylie's blog. It's been a long time! Your boys are adorable and you all look so happy! Just wanted to say hello!!

The Read Family said...

Hey guys!! I love the pictures, looks like you snapped some great ones at the beach. It was so great to see you guys, we really need to plan a trip together soon.

The Read Blend said...

It was so much fun to see you guys. It was nice to meet Scott, he is so funny.