Thursday, June 19, 2008

"My Daddy is My Favorite Pal"

Actual Pine Trees in the background!

Fun in the tent (only a 2 man tent which really means room enough for 1/2 a person)

Jason and his friend Garrett (who calls chocolate "the black snack")


SCOTT IS A BRAVE MAN!

Friday night several young dads in the ward went camping and Scott and Jason joined them. Jason has never slept outside a crib or playpen we weren't sure how it would go (aside from the fact that he is barely 2 and still in diapers). So Thursday night Scott set up the tent and sleeping bags in the family room, shut off the lights, turned on the flashlight and they "camped" for the evening to give Jas the idea of what they'd be doing. Then it was time for bed and for the next 24 hours all I heard was "tent, dad, sleeping bag, dad, camp, dad". Usually he lets me know he's awake in the morning by yelling "mooooom" until I get him out of his crib. Friday all I got from him was "teeeeent". Scott got home from work around 4pm, they loaded up the car with another buddy and his 4 year old son and headed out. They had a blast cooking hot dogs, marshmellows, letting the kids run around with those glow sticks on strings around their necks so the dads could keep track of them. I loved hearing all about it. Even now (one week later) Jason insists on sleeping with his sleeping bag in his crib. No blankies, no toys, just the bag. Give Ryan a couple months and we'll head out together. I can't wait!

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Cute! I love Father and Son outtings! Nate took Matthew a few weeks back and it was great, I just can't wait until Brayden is a bit older and then he can go too! This is the one advantage of having only boys!

The Bells said...

Hey Natalie, I found you blog. How fun!!
Those boys look so cute together. That sounds like so much fun. I would love to go camping this weekend but I don't know how Aaron would be able to handle it. I have a feeling that I would be staying up all night with a cranky kid.

Hillary said...

Natalie!! I can't believe I found you. This is Hillary from Ecuador. I miss you! Please e mail me and we can catch up, I'd love to hear all that you've been up to! It looks like you have two boys? Me too! I'd love to talk, my e mail is:
win98009@hotmail.com
Love you!