Monday, October 17, 2011

My Sister is Married!





So Scott and I have spent almost 8 of our almost 10 years of marriage as the ONLY marrieds in my family.  I am the oldest, got married young (20) and waited nearly 7 years before my brother David and AMAZING wife Summer joined the club.  I have been praying for this, crossing my fingers and jumping up and down, biting my tongue in dissension or approval at the various dates who've come and gone and now my little sister Lisa just married Matt in the SLC Temple and we have added yet another sibling to our wonderful little clan.  I can't wait to begin doing married things together, trips or retreats, date nights  etc.  I can't wait for them all to be married, to hurry up and have kids so mine can have cousins and for us to have reunions--you know, the kind where we all dump our kids on Grandma and Grandpa and head to Hawaii......those kind! 

The whole weekend was wonderful.  Matt's family is gracious and kind and fits Lisa perfectly.  She was the most beautiful bride--gorgeous dress, brilliant smile, patient as can be.  She let us all be involved as little or as much as we wanted, which meant a lot!  We had a family dinner Friday night in Provo--so fun to spend some "catch up" time a little more intimately before the throngs of excited family, friends and kiddos descended upon the occasion.  I even met one of Matt's sister-in-laws named Natalie who is completely adorable, loves to write and even has a brand new baby boy that I held for a few minutes and now I want another of my own (Scott you can blame it all on her!)  We headed to the SLC temple Saturday afternoon for the ceremony and it was perfect.  I love being in the temple with my family--I especially enjoy seeing the joy my parents get during occasions like this--gives me so much to work toward and look forward to.  That evening we went to a beautiful reception at the Highland Gardens in AF.  Lisa let me make her wedding cake and I LOVED the opportunity.  Scott was amazingly supportive and pretty much flew solo the whole week so I could work on the big project.  It turned out better than I imagined and was totally worth the long hours and late nights.  The happy couple are now living it up in Hawaii for a few days--lucky stinkers--and I expect a full report, pictures, pineapple and all when they return. 




Congrats little sister, I'm so excited for you! xoxoxo

No comments: