Monday, April 4, 2011

Catch me if you can...life I mean!

It seems like catching up on church, cleaning, laundry, blogging, (or catching RYAN as he runs barefoot and pants-less through Home Depot today for example) is all I ever do--I'm a consistent ball of "crazy mommy" playing catch up on life! So simply for posterity's sake, here is me playing catch up on our last few months...


1. Made a cake for a friend's parent's anniversary...this was a tastey one!


2. Hosted dinner at our home for a few of Scott's Priests and their dates for the 7 stake annual formal dance. Made prime rib, Abuala J's sugar rolls, chocolate raspberry souffles for dessert, yummm!


3. Weather started getting warmer--middle of March and yes, that is a photo of my naked boys playing outside with the hose--creating a slip 'n slide on the tramp. Are boys just born with a chip that tells them to do things like this?


4. Tried to turn back time because my little C-man is growing up toooo fast...try to tell me you've ever seen a kid this cute?
5. We moved...and yes, for those of you counting, that makes 4 times in 4 1/2 years. This was not a planned move, our land lord put our house up for sale and after finding a new place and three straight days of realtors camped out on my doorstep, we bailed. Our new place is still in the ward, owned by friends from our ward who moved a couple months ago. Turned out to be an awesome set up!


6. Made cinnamon rolls--Jenkins fam tradition--for General Conference Saturday morning and delivered them to the families that helped us move.
7. My drunk neighbor--whom I'd never really met before, aside from me knocking on his door at midnight asking him to turn down his BLARRING ghetto music--showed up on my door, pounding so hard he cracked & dented it. He persisted--pounding, screaming profanities, rattling the windows, waking up the kids--and since Scott was out of town, I grabbed the phone, called 911 and they hauled his sorry intoxicated hiney off to jail at 1am. It took 4 officers to wrestle him into handcuffs and then into the squad car, all while his poster-child-for-Corona-of-a-wife stands in the middle of the road yelling at him for embarrassing her and yelling at the cops for laying their hands "on her MAN" (finger snapping, head bobbing, hands on hips--I know you can see it in your mind). I felt like a guest celebrity on Jerry Springer.

Things have calmed down since (we really do live in a nice neighborhood, I think this guy just had a few too many and thought he lived on D-street, not Aliante!) Bring on the 90 degree weather (where did my Spring go?) family reunions, Scout Campouts, and even more days of finding Ryan running around the backyard--playing in the kiddie pool--stark naked. My neighbors think he's an exobitionist--I just think we've lived in "the Vegas" for WAY TOO LONG!

No comments: