Monday, November 8, 2010

A little catch up...

Just playing catch up--mostly for the grandparents :-) Here's what we've been up to lately...



Scott's parents came for a visit. We hit up Los Tacos--THE BEST authentic Mexican grill in town--as in, you are the ONLY white people there and it helps if you can order in Spanish--I'm salivating just thinking about it. We all went with the kids to see MEGAMIND--pretty funny but not one of the greats from times gone by. Am I getting old like my parents when I think things like, "I wish my kids would just enjoy the good ole' Disney classics like Sleeping Beauty, Bambi, Pinochio etc like I did when I was a kid"? All this fancy whitty repotoire, famous A-list voices, massively complicated technology, 3-D Imax blah blah blah doesn't make up for great-classic-timeless storylines and fantastic music (Beauty & the Beast to name one).

ANYWAY--we also paid a visit to the new bridge over Hoover Dam. We drove to and from Kingman (too many times to count) for the last 18 months, watching it grow, column by column and now that it is finally done we are in AWE. It cuts a good 1/2 hour drive time out and is flat out AMAZING to look at. You can walk across, take pictures etc and staring straight down into churning water makes you very aware of your own mortality. You literally are a tiny spec that wouldn't make a splash if you took a nose dive from that high up! The kids had a great time with "Big" Pappa and Grammy Jean--we are lucky to have our parents be so involved with our children!

Up next...Turkey Day with MY WHOLE FAMILY! I can't wait--the decor might not be as nice, but this will be a feast that puts Martha Stewart to shame! Yummm...

No comments: