Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Playing Catch Up!

We have had a few REALLY busy weeks so I'll summarize my favorite way...
1. Went to Beaver, UT for 4th of July.

2. Camped with friends for the weekend & LOVED it!
3. Tried to keep Ryan from eating anything wilderness related--he did manage to lick the grill of our friend's car. Don't ask me why he does this, we have no idea!
4. Ate, played games, went golfing, fished, made smores and lots of memories (Jason was stung by his first bee--he refuses to watch the "B" movie ever again and now refers to bees as "naughty guys"!
5. Scott went back to Kingman and the boys and I drove to Idaho to see my brother BJ get home from his mission last Wednesday.

6. Hugged & cried at the airport--he looks 2 inches taller and even skinnier (not possible right?)
7. Ate TONS of good food, went boating, swimming, shopping, even hit up Snow Shack (can't believe they don't have those in Vegas and AZ...what's the deal people?)

8. Visited Grammy Jean & Big Papa (Scott's parents)
9. Had an open house for BJ Saturday night--chatted with people I haven't seen in years--again, more good treats!
10. Played the piano so Missy could sing in church Sunday. BJ gave a great report. Ate the traditional mashed potatoes, gravy & roast beef for dinner & then drove to Provo w/Dave to crash at his place on our way back to AZ.
11. Kid-proofed Dave's apt in lightening speed--my kids make fast work out of destroying people's homes. Ryan's new & well deserved nickname is STEALTH. Gotta love that mental picture!
12. Visited Auntie Wendy & the new house Monday morning on our way out of town. The lady has a walk in refrigerater in the basement--oh how I COVET!!! Drove the rest of the way home & love having a bigger car to travel in, don't know how people make long trips without a dvd player, Ipod and chicken nuggets!
13. Gave Scott big hugs when we arrived (house was totally clean, laundry done, dishes put away :)I was so very impressed. Sooo happy to be in my own house again where I don't have to constantly chase Ryan around making sure he isn't licking the wrong thing, chewing up valuables, pounding on the baby grand etc. He keeps me on my toes!
14. Just really grateful for friends, family and all our great blessings lately. We have it pretty good.
15. Well done BJ--can't wait to hang out some more!

3 comments:

Steph said...

Why in the world were you in Beaver for the 4th? My family went to Minersville for a few 4th of Julys back in the day. My grandparents are from Minersville/Beaver. Those small Utah towns really know how to put on a party. The cow pie toss is legendary. Hope you had a nice time.

Unknown said...

Wow - so much fun! I wish we still lived in a place where we, too, could easily drive to visit family and friends. We miss you guys!

Unknown said...

nats, how did you do the collage photo thing? is it with blogspot or do you do it then upload it?

I got the apartment put back together before Summer got home. We just find an occasional hand print...I kind of liked it!