Monday, March 23, 2009

Springbreak Kingman Style

We decided to take a spur of the moment day trip to Lake Havasu--about an hour away from us. We loaded up the kiddies and hit the road not realizing that yes, LUCKY US, it was "spring break" season at the lake. We obviously aren't locals yet and had no way of knowing that we would be surrounded by booze hounding, radio blasting, no-clothes-wearing, speed boating college students. (wow I sound like an adult) It really wasn't as bad as I make it sound--it just gave us Las Vegas-visits-to-the-strip flash backs and then (sadly to admit) a little bit of jealousy as I avoided eye contact with little twiglet college girls who looked a whole lot better than me trucking around my diaper bag, two kids, and obvious mom attire. Nonetheless, we had a great time enjoying the warm weather, water, good food and fresh air. Next time we'll look for the non-partly-nudey, alcohol free beach so as to avoid having Jason snicker "boobs" as he played soccer on the grass! I know, I know--they grow up so fast!


No comments: