Monday, May 12, 2008

Hole in One




I spent Mother's Day with one of my best friends and her family at her home in Phoenix. We woke up to warm cinnamon rolls and juice and were treated to a great BBQ by our husbands that afternoon. I decided that motherhood is like a game of golf. Golf can be one of the most challenging, frustrating, try-your-patience experiences ever. You could hit a shot into the water, sand trap, the rough a hundred times and yet it is that ever so rare amazing shot that keeps you coming back for more--the shot that from the minute the club touches the ball, you know it's golden! Well, I may spend 23 hours of the day changing diapers, picking up toys, getting barfed on, not sleeping well, fixing meals, washing clothes (the list goes on and on) but just like that sweetest of sweet golf shots, when Scott brought the boys in Sunday morning to say hello and I got to smell their hair and kiss their tummies, hear their laughter and feel their little hands giving me a hug--all the barf in the world couldn't keep me from being grateful for my two boys. They are perfect for me in every way--my "Greatest Game Ever Played!

7 comments:

Tina Upson said...

WHAT did you say you are/were in PHOENIX???? OUCH!!!!

Unknown said...

Fun! It looks like you had a great day. The boys are adorable in their matching outfits! Cute, cute!

KiraD said...

Nat, I love the pictures of the boys. They are so adorable!

Kimberly said...

Hey guys! It's Scott's old FHE sister Kimberly Gale 2000-2001 Remember me? Anyways, I was excited to find you! Our blog is private, but e-mail me at kimberlygprice at hotmail dot com and I'll send you an invite!

Melody said...

Ahh. Two boys are so much fun! So cute!

Jer or Stef said...

Where does everyone get their stinkin cute family pics taken? I've really got to start looking into that! You look great Natalie and you have two beautiful boys!

The Rambows said...

Tidwells! I found you guys again. It's Amy Burke from Ricks. Your family is adorable. Two strapling young lads (just like Dad right-as Scott would say Ha ha!) I hope you are all doing well. Vegas eh? Were not that far from you.